Assigning attributes at paragraph level

I assume that I can only add an attribute to a clause. If I have a paragraph within a clause that applies to the attribute (e.g. purchaser friendly) should I create two versions of the clause or is there a way to assign the attribute to the paragraph that the user can keep or omit as necessary?

Clauses, documents and binders can all be assigned attributes. You cannot, however, assign attributes at paragraph level.

It may be best to first ask yourself what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to make it easier to find relevant clauses or do you want to make clauses adaptable to different situations?

Attributes are mainly useful to give users a quick idea of what the legal nuance of the clause is, or to search the library for that legal nuance.

However, if you want to create a clause that can be quickly adapted to the situation, there are two options:

• Create one version of the clause (e.g.: with seller-friendly approach) and then link a second version as an alternative (e.g.: with purchaser-friendly approach).
  • Combine the two approaches within one clause by using conditions. This will also be a bit more interesting if you eventually intend to convert your document to Q&A, because conditions in that mode are a bit easier to work with than alternative clauses.