Correct Use of Change Datafield Change Set

I have attempted to use the Change Datafield Change Set for a Q&A. The goal is to have one answer fill two date datafields with the same value. The change set did not work as anticipated. Am I using the change set correctly?

That would indeed seem to be the correct way to use the Change Datafield change set. Is the condition configured properly? And are both datafields actual “date” datafields?

Yes, both are date datafields. I have attempted to use this change set with and without a condition. Neither way seems to work.

The condition I attempted to use was that the “Date the Loan Will Be Made” question is specified.

Are there other factors that may be impacting the way this change set works?

I took the liberty of taking a quick look at the Q&A you built. Could it be the case that the datafield selected here in the change set is actually not present in the document?

It is at the end of the introductory paragraphs. In the text, it is next to the “effective date” definition and is attached to the “agreement” concept.

It is not the same as the loan date because the introductory paragraphs are meant to be interchangeable with other documents. Also, we anticipate that in some future iterations of this documentation, the effective date of the agreement will be different from the date the loan is actually made.

The datafield used there is the one attached to the concept ‘effective-date’, i.e. #effective-date^date. Testing this, I believe if the datafield selected in the change set is #effective-date^date, that everything should be working as intended.

The datafield #agreement^effective-date is not used in this document, which is why it was not working.

Thank you