Database of fields - Implementation in documents

We are faced with the following challenge. We have several companies that naturally need information such as

• company name
  • legal form
  • address
  • VAT ID
  • managing director
    etc.

We would like to store this information ONCE centrally (and maintain it there), but then output it in different places (different documents, sometimes several data, sometimes only individual data).

What do you think would be the best way to realise this? Simply as #concept and datafield or is there a better approach?

Hi Sebastian,

If you mainly want to use this data inside of the questions of a Q&A (e.g., to allow a user to easily pick the right data from a list), then use spreadbases: https://help.clause9.com/integrations/spreadbases

Those spreadbasese can “flow” your data from a kind of internal spreadsheet into the answers of your questions, and optionally into datafields of your choice. You can then basically do whatever you want with that data inside of documents etc.

You may also want to look at uploading an Excel-file (that’s a more recent feature — see Excel calculations and lookups | Clause9); this is more suitable if you need to do calculations on the data; so I would primarily pick the spreadbases here.

Hi @mtruyens,

thanks a lot - I believe Spreadbases are exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately the option is not enabled in my Admin area. What can I do in order to achieve this?

I just enabled this in your account! (It is part of the “integrations”, which are only activated on request.)