Datafield does not show up for card in Q&A mode

Hi,

I have created a Q&A and added cards to it. For one question, the corresponding datafield does not show up. The datafield relates to floor numbers (predefines like: 1st, 2nd, 3rd,…).

How do I fix this?

Hi,

The “floor number” datafield you created is most likely a text-based datafield (in light of your predefines like “1st”, “2nd”, etc.) while I guess that your Q&A question is a number-based question (only allowing for whole numbers, such as 1, 2, 3).

Even though for humans data like “1st” / “2nd” / “3rd” seems very similar to 1 / 2 / 3, for computers this is actually completely different stuff. After all, the computer does not care what kind of text you put inside a text-based datafield — whether it contains “1st”, “dog” or gibberish like “fqsdjksdjqfkqs” is all fine. You would really have to actively force the computer to think deeper about a text-based field in order to detect meaning in it, but this is not done in most cases, because this would seriously slow things down.

By the way, the error is typically made with house numbers in addresses (because house number also suggests a number-based field), but floor numbers of apartments are also a good candidate to create confusion.

1 Like

Hi,

Or could it be that the datafield was specified as a ‘repeating list’? Because repeating list datafields need to be added manually in de cards/question area.

1 Like

Nice addition, Sarah. Thanks!

1 Like