Datafield Labels: show internal name instead of label in Q&A Question options

Hello everyone,

when naming datafields, I try to be descriptive and avoid using acronyms. This has lead to some of my datafields having horribly long names:

If the information is not filled out, by default, the datafield name is exported as a placeholder. For some of these names, I have started using @cascade to avoid this behaviour, for example:

This way, if no data is input, I export a “●” placeholder.

Writing @cascade any time I use certain datafields is somewhat tedious. I then discovered datafield “labels”, which allow me to achieve the same result: I can use the internal name for drafting clauses, but a shorter label is exported instead. Great!

The problem I have with Labels is within Q&A: when setting up a question, I cannot tell the datafields apart by their labels anymore!

I believe it would make more sense to show the internal name in “Question options”, or give us a toggle. Something similar was done with “Terms”, where you can switch between filenames and terms.

Cheers
Kai

Hi Kai,

I have to say I agree with this one, I think it’s a great idea to continue referring to the actual datafield names in the question options instead of to the labels.

1 Like