@doctitle issue

I’m using the @doctitle special function and it works properly in English. But when I switch languages to Hungarian or Lithuanian, it returns the file name, not the document title. After switching back to English the file name is still there, until I re-save the clause, and it switches back to the document title (but only in English). Any idea why that might be?

The relevant code is:

This @doctitle (the ~#-agreement~) is dated

English:

Hungarian shows the Hungarian file name, not the Hungarian doc title:

Lithuanian shows the Lithuanian file name, not the Hungarian doc title:

When I switch back to English it shows the English file name, not the English doc title:

If I re-save the clause in English, it switches back to the doc title:

You are right, this is a bug — thanks for reporting.

I’ll try to fix it this afternoon.

1 Like

Fixed (EU server updated, others will follow)

1 Like

Thank you!

Sorry Maarten, I spoke too soon. I’m still getting the same behaviour on the eu server. I’ve closed the template and reopened it, then reloaded it. Is there something else I need to do?

That’s odd, when I open your document, I see the correct document titles when switching between the languages:

You should also refresh your web page (Ctrl-R on most browsers, or even better a hard-refresh with Ctrl-Shift-R), if it was still opened since yesterday. (Although, if it was still opened still yesterday, the browser should have warned you with a yellow banner on top, saying something about a refresh being necessary due to a new version).

If you want to be really sure: if you right-click on a web page and ask to show the page’s source code, you shoud see various URLS starting with " https://cbimmutable-1443d.kxcdn.com/sx/" → the part after that initial string of text is the software version that was loaded in your browser, and the new version starts with “af077”. By the way, that version number has no meaning on itself, it is a randomly assigned string, so a subsequent version will look entirely different.

Thanks for checking Maarten - I think it was a browser caching issue. I closed the page, cleared the cache, reopened it and it’s working great now. Thanks again for great customer support!

That’s indeed what sometimes happens. Strange thing is, our server instructs browsers to not cache the page. Then again, there are many different machines intervening between your browser and our server, with many layers of caching and malware control, so perhaps we should be fortunate that 99% of the time cyberspace is actually working correctly.

1 Like