Entering email addresses in the Q&A

Good morning,

When I answer a question in the Q&A with an email address and then export it, the email address is followed by a “mailto:” link, how do I get rid of this? I have tried to fill out the Q&A in excel too (for a bulk import), both with the function @email(“”) and @hyperlink(“”) but both have the same problem.

Thanks in advance!
Cristina

Hi Cristina,

I guess what you’re seeing here is a standard Word/Excel/Outlook problem — in the sense that email-addresses and website addresses are “under the hood” converted into formal hyperlinks.

E.g. an address such as “john@clausebase.com” would then be converted by those p rograms into “mailto:john@clausebase.com”.

Usually you can see this happening because the text is shown in blue and underlined, but this depends on the software that you’re happening to be using.

The easiest way to get rid of this, is to copy the email address in a plain-text editor (such as Notepad on Windows), remove the “mailto:” part, and then copy it again from Notepad into Clause9/Buddy.

But again, this is not something specific to our platform, it’s a more general problem to which there are many even better solutions than using Notepad.