Insert PDF as background to a document

We received the following question from one of our clients and thought the answer might be useful for other members of the forum too:

I created a pdf background for a document. When I export that document to pdf, everything works fine. But upon export of the docx version of the document, the pdf background gets ignored. How do I fix this?

Unfortunately, you cannot export a PDF background to DOCX, since MS Word does not allow embedding DOCX files in that location. However, there are two solutions to your problem.

1. header / footer image: You can save logos and images as .JPG/ .PNG and then insert them into the header or footer using the {image} code. You can find more information on that here.

2. watermark You can also save logos and images as .JPG/ .PNG and then insert them into any header or footer position. For that purpose, you will need to use the {watermark #some-image-file} code. The image will be automatically centered and stretched to fill the entire page. Again, you can find more information on that here.