Optional and alternative clauses in Q&A

In the “assemble document” I added optional and alternative clauses in my document via “links” and “action button”.

When I want to fill out the Q&A afterwards, these options and the alternatives are suddenly not shown anymore.

How can I arrange that a person in the Q&A himself can indicate which optional and alternative clauses he wishes to insert in the document?

The alternatives you indicate in Assemble Document will not automatically show up in a Q&A-based document. (Which is a good thing, because this gives you a wider range of possibilities, as you can independently decide what to show in Assemble Document, and what to show in a Q&A — after all, typically you are dealing with different audiences) .

Essentially, you need to include to add a “allow user to choose alternative clause” change in the Q&A.

Next, you need to highlight the clause you want to potentially replace (and perhaps subject this to conditions), and chooose one or more alternatives the end-user can choose from.

The result is that the end-user will see a button at the right-hand side from which the alternatives can be chosen.

When an alternative is effectively chosen, it will show in the “alternatives” category.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, that is clear for alternative clauses.
What about the optional clauses I made via “Action Button” in the Q&A? It is clear that I cannot use “allow user to choose alternative clause” or “allow user to disable clause” for this, since I want the user to choose the clausues he wants to insert in the document and not to choose the clausues he wants to delete from the document.

To add additional clauses, you can use the “insert clause” change, and subject that change to certain conditions that will be triggered when a certain answer to some question is fulfilled. The reason why this works slightly different than simply swapping alternatives, is that there are so much more possibilities that can apply, hence the reason to have more flexibility.

For example, you could ask a question “Which of the following optional clauses should be inserted?”, and add predefined elements “alpha” and “beta”.

If the user should be allowed to simultaneously insert both alpha & beta (which I assume you want), then you have to set that question’s options to “multiple answers”. Also, disallow free answers by checking the box.

Next, you need to insert an “insert clause” change and choose the relevant location in your contract (below/above/subclause of some other clause), and subject that change to a condition that is triggered when option “alpha” is selected by the user.

The same needs to be done for option “beta”, or whatever other clauses you would like to add.