Order of search results

I wonder what the logic is behind the search results in ClauseBuddy.

I have added some clause which only have a French version. When I select English as language, the French-only versions are at the bottom. When I select Dutch, the French-only versions are at the top of the search result, even though they don’t have a Dutch translation.

I think the English approach makes more sense: move the clauses that don’t have a translation for the selected language to the bottom of the search result, but I’m confused why this is not the case for Dutch.

Are you talking about the keyword search in the Quality Library? Which keywords are you actually using?

I was talking about browsing the folders via ClauseBuddy.

I had a situation where one folder contained clauses that were either in French or Dutch, but not in English.

If you set the language to Dutch, the Dutch clauses are on the top of the list. The same applies to French.

But if you set the language to English, it prioritizes French over Dutch, as none the clauses in this folder have an English variant.

So that basically answers my question. The logic is as follows, if I understand it correctly:

• French results on top if French is selected
  • Dutch results on top if Dutch is selected
  • French results on top if English is selected and there are no English clauses in the folder

I forgot about the fact that there were no English clauses in the folder in this specific case, which made me wonder what the logic could be.