Organizing Quality Library

We are working on creating the best ClauseBuddy clause library that we can. We are creating a curated folder of ClauseBuddy clauses, but we would like advice about best practices for organization.

We are trying to use the attributes as a filter mechanism. However, we have a few questions about new attributes and I have been unable to find answers in the help materials.

1. Is there a way to exclude certain attributes from the search? For example, some of our clauses have been approved by specific clients and we do not want to use them for other clients. These clauses show up in related key word searchs. I created a Yes/No attribute, but this doesn’t quite do the job because I would have to add the client-specific attribute with no as the value for every non-cclient specific clauses to allow searching for clauses that are not client-specific. Essentially, I would like to figure out a way to show all clauses that blank as to the client-specific attribute.

2. For the issue above, I could put the client-specific clauses into a separate folder on the same level as the other non-client-specific clauses and instruct my users to search there for client-specific clauses. I think this approach would get me around the attribute issue I have described above.

3. What is the category for when adding attributes? I see it under every type of attribute. Does it help with filtering purposes or is there another reason for it?

Bump. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Elmer,

Is there a way to exclude certain attributes from the search?
Through the Clause9 interface for attributes (which exposes a few more controls than ClauseBuddy’s counterpart), you can specify access controls for attributes. However, this is not really what you’re looking for, because that would apply on a per-user basis.

We are actually thinking about adding a keyword-find box to the Browse clauses module. This would allow you to (also) organise clauses per client. So you would start from the folder of a particular client, and then search through keywords within that folder hierarchy only. Wouldn’t that help most of your use cases?

What is the category for when adding attributes?
It allows you to group together certain attributes. This could somewhat help you to put all attributes relating to a certain client A at a category called “Client A”.

The category would then be shown when adding the attribute, but nothing more than that for the moment. So it will only somewhat help you for your client-specific problem.