Q&A - output different languages

Hi all,

I have created a document in three languages. I also formatted the question cards in the Q&A in the same three languages.

When I simulate the q&a (in the “design q&a” screen), I can choose which language my output should be processed in:

I cannot choose the output language of the document when I fill out the q&a in the “use q&a” screen:

How can I solve this? I already know by now that I can generate all the documents in the three languages together:

But I would also like to be able to generate the documents separately. Furthermore, it is not possible to provide an answer in a specific data field for a specific language. For example, when filling in the question “what is the function of the new appointed person”? then the answer should be “Director” in English, “Bestuurder” in Dutch, and “Administrateur” in French. But now, when I generate the documents, both the English, Dutch and French documents show “Director”.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this and let me know should you need further information.

Kind regards,
Brent

Hi Brent,

1. I cannot choose the output language of the document
You must select a “Question” of type “Document language”!

2. But I would also like to be able to generate the documents separately.
That’s not currently possible in one mouseclick. The user will need to do this separately, but probably you’ll want this anyway, because of your next question:

3. it is not possible to provide an answer in a specific data field for a specific language.
The trick is to set the “Different answer per language” in the question’s options.

See also the following setting in the general Q&A options panel. When enabled, the end-user will even see an option at the right side to automatically translate the input from one language to another.