Same binder, two (or more) Q&A

Hello there,

I have the following usecase, and would like to understand what the best way would be to make this happen:

We have one binder with currently 1 Q/A. Ideally this Q/A will be adjusted in 1-2 questions to the Corporate Design of one of my clients (which means, adjusting 1-2 questions / colors.

Is there a way to do this by not changing the same question & logics on all Q/As but only in one?

Hi Sebastian,

The easiest way of doing this in my view if the change only concerns 1 or 2 questions is duplicate both of these questions, and adapting one set to your client’s corporate design.

If there are any questions depending on these questions, i.e. by incorporating them in conditions, then this should be taken into account and those conditions should be adapted to reflect the fact that if the relevant condition is fulfilled in any of the two identical questions, then that condition should be true.

The (manageable) downside in this case would be that when updating the Q&A, you should always take into account to update both sets of questions as they are meant to function in exactly the same way.

Not sure whether you got me right. The Q&A has about 30 questions, only 2 of them need to be adjusted.

So in the end I will need two identical Q&As with 30 questions, with the only difference in two questions (e.g. different logo being used in a comment block).

Is there a way to create a “question set”? Then I’d create it for the 28 questions, and only change the remaining two.
(I want to achieve that the 28 questions do not have to be changed in both Q&as, but only once in the set, transfering logics & conditions to the other…)

I just realised that my answer above was not complete. The condition on the questions you have duplicated will be based on a “user tag”, like this:

What the actual condition on the duplicated set of questions will look like depends on how the relevant customer will be accessing the Q&A:

• either through their own named account; or
  • through guest access.

If they have their own named account, then the relevant user tag you chose should be assigned to that account. If they would access the Q&A through guest access, a separate anonymous user should be created which is then assigned the relevant user tag. When creating a new magic link for the customer, care should be taken to select the correct anonymous user as that is the anchor point for the user tag conditions in the selected Q&A.

Alternatively, you could effectively create a separate Q&A and import all cards from the other Q&A as proxy cards, save for the card that has the questions that you want to be different for your customer.

Any changes to the proxied cards will be made in all Q&As those proxy cards have been used. Any changes to the duplicated questions, should however be made manually in all Q&As.

Cards can be imported through the “Import” pane in the Design Q&A mode:

Select the Q&A you want to import cards from and click the “Import as proxy” button to import the relevant card: