Setting a minimum and maximum value for number-type data fields

Hi there!
I’d like to set minimum and maximum values for number-type data fields in the Q&A. For example, if I am asking for input of a percentage, it must be at least 0 and at most 100. If the user fills in -20, that is nonsense and it should become 0.
I thought this existed in the Options, and actually I think I have set min and max for a Q&A before, but I cannot see that anymore. Is there a way I can achieve this (other than writing a custom function)?

Hi Darina,

Strange, it should still be there when you select the options for a number-based question (but currently not for a currency or floating point number).

Oh, I see what happened. For some reason, the Free answers Not allowed option was ticked (no idea why), which made the min and max disappear. Which makes perfect sense. I thought I was crazy, turns out my brain was just switched off :woman_facepalming:

Thank you, Maarten! They say there are no stupid questions, well, this one comes pretty close :sweat_smile:

Don’t feel bad, we all have these moments :slight_smile:

Reminds me of the rubbery ducky technique: Rubber duck debugging - Wikipedia — the mere fact of explaining your problem to someone (or even to a toy on your desk) helps you clarify a problem in your mind.