Specify custom numbering in certain sections of a document

Foresee an option to create custom numbering in specific parts of the document. For example, if the standard bullets numbering uses (1), (2), (3) for the first level, then allow a certain clause (e.g., the recitals) to use (A), (B), ©.

Hi Maarten - is this feature request on the roadmap? I’m playing around with a document that uses A, B, C for clauses in the recitals and standard legal numbering for the document body. I know this is a common practice in the UK and Ireland also.

It is, indeed. You can expect it after the launch of our MS Word plugin beta, so probably near the end of Q1.

We are a bit hesitant to add this, not only because of the internal complexity of numbering in MS Word (which hardly any lawyer truly understands, and adding yet another type of list will further augment this complexity), but also because it will probably require another interface panel in Assemble Document, to allow the user to configure this adhoc list type. We’ll have to think about how to add it.

Thanks Maarten. I agree it’s a problematic idea. I accomplished what I needed to do with bullet styling.