Styling of enterprise number

In Belgium, the enterprise number is usually like this 000.000.000 (with “.”), but the KBO only sends the number, without the “.”. I assume this is a limitation of the KBO data set? If so, is there a workaround possible?

The Belgian VAT number doesn’t add “BE” in front of it. I assume this is by design?

@mtruyens a little bump of this topic with an additional question. I get many internal complaints that the Belgian KBO only outputs French data. Is there any possibility to get the output in Dutch or is this a limitation by the KBO?

We are very aware of this problem. We depend on the quality of our own provider, and that quality is — for some countries — not exactly optimal. Germany and the Netherlands are also notorious for lagging data; Belgium is notorious for the lack of multi-lingual support (which should not surprise, as our own provider is a UK company).

Problem is that there exists no better provider. We are envisaging using bilateral direct connections into each country’s corporate registries, and we effectively plan on implementing that for at least the Netherlands and Belgium. But, for example, Germany has a completely chaotic registries system, with all different länder using different incompatible systems. And then suddenly you understand where the poor quality comes from.

Bear with us here. (We sometimes wish we had never included this feature, because lawyers only seem to complain about the quality. Sharing their pain, we do not disagree with their sentiment, however.)

Well, I think the feature is very valuable. It’s a time-saver (if it works :))