Unwanted indenting of non-numbered sub-clauses when adding documents to a binder

Hello everyone,

My styling question relates to sub-clauses.

I have some clauses with sub-paragraphs that are not numbered. When including both the first numbered paragraph and the second non-numbered one in a single library clause, the second paragraph is indented further.

I have managed to solve this by splitting the paragraphs into two clauses, only numbering the first. This works how I want it (Screenshot, left document).

However, when adding the same document to a Binder, the non-numbered sub-paragraphs are once again indented (Screenshot, right document).

I Styling settings of the binder and single document seem to be identical. I am not sure if this is an override of the binder styling somewhere or unintended behaviour.

Would appreciate any pointers on the topic.

Thanks!
Kai

The paragraph without a number is not a “heading”, so its styling-settings are a combination of the “Base” styling + “Bullet” styling.

The reason it is indented, is because of the 6,3mm Left indentation within the Bullets styling, see screenshot below.

To be transparent: you are not the first one who is probably confused by the “Bullets” caption, because you’re trying to change something for a paragraph that is not bulleted. The reason is that non-bulleted paragraphs take their styling from bulleted paragraphs, but don’t actually insert a bullet.

Ah, layout, it is a constant struggle, because of too many options that interfere with each other.

Dear Maarten,

thanks for explaining, it works. I’ll keep this in mind for the future, good to know!

Best
Kai