Formatting different when using Q&A via anonymous link

I sent myself a link to test a Q&A. I opened the link in a Chrome incognito window

The Q&A worked fine except that as you can see below, it did not apply (either on-screen or in the PDF I generated) my styling preferences. It has a different date format and currency format. Also, my USD default on the platform became an EUR default.

See below:

Assemble document version - focus preview

Q&A view

If you’ll also permit me a comment on the Q&A view, from a “guest user”/client perspective – I get that it is pretty much the same as what I would see in my Q&A, but it might be nicer for the client view to have a simplified UI. E.g., instead of little boxes at the top that just say “PDF” and “docx,” which might not be totally clear to the basic business user, a better call to action might be “Generate PDF” or “Generate Word Document.”

Also, the user gets all the options under the “…” menu. Do we really want the business user to see all these, or should there be an option for me as the lawyer to show or hide (or preselect) those? Maybe they’re not likely to click on that, but if they do, it could be a little bewildering!

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

1. If you create a Q&A link, then your own account’s preferences are not relevant. Instead, the preferences of the anonymous account you used (top of the create link dialog box) are relevant.

This is actually an interesting customisation feature, as you can create multiple anonymous accounts, and vary their preferences. Depending on the anonymous account you then use for the Q&A link, the end-user will get different default currencies, styling, rights, etc.

2. I fully agree that the default set of options under “…” may be too much for your average end-users. (Bear in mind that the biggest part — the additional language settings — will not be shown anyway in your English-only production account.)

What you are seeing here in the Sandbox is the default “full set”, showing all that is possible. However, when you login as the admin, you can disable certain rights of the (anonymous) accounts. Essentially, you can individually tweak whether or not a certain button / setting should be shown on the screen.

3. We currently chose “pdf” and “docx” labels for the buttons, because a longer description may not fit on the toolbar. However, if you would reduce the number of options available on the toolbar, then a longer description may indeed be more appropriate.

Your feedback is noted here. We will probably reorganize these buttons in the near future, because the amount of export options is growing significantly (PDF / DOCX / e-signature / copy to clipboard / send by email / create email for Outlook … ).

Maarten, thanks, this all makes sense. And I imagine that the “anonymous account” feature is what would support our client users, in which case it’s good to be able to have individual settings for them.