Using one of the parties identified in a repeating list datafield in a different place

Hello everyone! Because my questions are closely related, I have decided against creating multiple posts.

I have a “main” contract with n amount of parties, and want to create a new “side” document (e.g. Power of Attorney) for each party individually. So, for n amount of parties in the main document, I want to create n power of attorneys, pulling the data already entered for the main document into the side document. Both the main and side documents are in the same binder and use the same Q&A

Here is what I have working already:

I have created a concept for #party and added several repeating-list-datafields to it (^name, ^address, ^legal-entity-type, ^is-natural-person-boolean, etc.) I want to pull the data for a specific party’s datafields in another document within the binder. The best I have found until now is using @lookup:

I created a new concept called #lookup, which I use to store my search term. I then create a Q&A question for #lookup with predefines of all existing parties (so the predefine is set to the repeating-list #party^name). After that, using

@lookup(#lookup^party-name, #party^name, #party^legal-entity-type)

I can find the information from the party list in the side document. I set the (1) parameter of @lookup to be the party name selected in Q&A, which then searches for (2) that exact #party^name datafield and (3) displays the corresponding other datafield. In the example above, the special function will show me the legal-entity-type of the party who’s name is selected in Q&A.

Here are my questions that I have not been able to solve:

1. My above method works well for creating a single side document, but does not seem to work if I have a main contract and multiple side documents (e.g. one power of attorney per party). Is there a better way to do this?

2. Can I display all entries of a repeating-list-datafield in which a certain true/false-datafield is set to “true” ? For example, if I want to find all parties which have #party^is-natural-person = true.

3. Is there any way to show the index of a entry of a repeating-list-datafield? For example, that the first entered #party^name is at index “1”, and the third at index “3”. Can I pull this information somehow?

4. Could I search a repeating-list-datafield by its index? For example, if I want to pull the data from the third row of #party, and see the third row of every associated repeating-list-datafield, such as ^name, ^address, ^legal-entity.

Thanks very much!

Best
Kai

Hi Kai,

Many thanks for your questions!

Question 1
The easiest way to create multiple, recurring annexes (like your Power of Attorney), is to go into the Binder menu in Assemble Document mode, then enable the annex to be repeated based on your repeating list datafield of choice (e.g.: the name of the parties for whom the document needs to be repeat)

Then make sure that the appropriate repeating list datafields are used in this annex document and you should be able to create a PoA for each individual party.

Question 2
The easiest way to achieve this is to use a table like this:

|| #party^names || {#party^is-natural-person}

This will give you a table of a single column and however many rows as there are parties who are natural persons/

Question 3
If you work with repeating clauses (see here) or repeating subdocuments (as outlined above) you can simply use the @index functionality in the repeated file to automatically receive the number of the index in question.

Does that answer your question?

Question 4
You can use the @nth or @get special function (main difference is the error notification if it doesn’t work)

For example: let’s say you have a clause that says

#party^names, residing at #party^addressess

In practice, that clause could then be repeated like this:

John Doe, residing at Church Street 5

Jane Doe, residing at Main Street 2

If you know insert a clause that says

@nth(#party^names, 2) shall be notified by post at @get(#party^addresses, 2)

That results in

Jane Doe shall be notified by post at Main Street 2.